The OECD headquarters renewal project also includes renovation of the château (built in 1922) and construction of an entirely new conference centre. The château renovation was completed in 2005, while the new OECD conference centre is expected to be open for business in the second half of 2007. The white covers are now coming off the office building, which is expected to re-open fully in early 2009 following major restructuring works. A French-American team of architects SCAU Macary, Menu & Delamain, and Pei, Cobb, Freed & Partners is leading the project which began in 2003.
©OECD Observer No 258/259, December 2006